Nebraska Public Transit Week is April 5-11, 2020 and we would like YOU to pledge to ride public transit during NPTW!
Nebraska Public Transit aims to spread awareness about the availability of public transportation and encourages Nebraskans to support local public transit that helps thousands of Nebraskans stay mobile and access critical services like education, employment, and medical care.
Pledging will begin March 23.
Learn about previous Public Transit Week events.
Click on header to view this year's agency events and/or activities.
- April 2 - 3 – Hand out tickets for free rides to be used during Nebraska Public Transit Week.
- All Week – Penny Wars contest. Employees will be divided into three teams and will compete to see which team can collect the most pennies in their respective jar. Proceeds will be donated to a local organization to be named later.
- Monday – Rider Contest Trivia Quiz: All passengers who return the quiz with their name and phone number will be entered in a drawing for a free 10-ride ticket. Drawing will be held Friday, April 10.
- Tuesday – Public Awareness Day: We will be speaking at the GIPS Workforce Prep Academy and Grand Generation Center as well as visiting various organizations and businesses around town to explain how transit can benefit them.
- Wednesday – Employee Appreciation Day: Lunch and a free gift will be provided to all transit employees.
- Thursday – Food for Free Rides: Any passenger donating an unexpired non-perishable food item will be given one free boarding.
- Friday – Passenger Appreciation Day: All passengers riding public transit will receive a free gift. We will also draw for the winner of the Trivia Quiz.
- Monday – All passengers ride free/community awareness (promotional items for transit will be distributed to doctor's office, hospitals, nursing home, assistant living facilities, schools and colleges)
- Tuesday – The cost of a ride is a canned good to be donated to the local food pantry.
- Wednesday – Customer Appreciation Day: Give out special goodies.
- Thursday – Staff Appreciation Day (training with food)
- Friday – Closed (Good Friday)
- Appreciation Lunch for Transit Staff
- Recognition/Appreciation of Transit Employees
- Visits to Local Elementary Schools
- Monday – Staff Appreciation Day: Staff will be treated to lunch and gifts will be given to show how much we appreciate them!
- Tuesday – Half Price Rides (Trip to Fremont): All passengers will pay half the regular fare amount. They will also receive giveaways.
- Wednesday – Public Awareness Day: Calendars and brochures will be distributed to inform the public of our services.
- Thursday – Half Price Rides (Trip to Omaha): All riders will pay half the regular fare amount. They will also receive giveaways.
- Friday – Passenger Appreciation/Free Rides (Wahoo Only): Passengers will be able to ride free. They will also receive giveaways.